Benefits of choosing the CPD™ certification are:
- Is responsible for the management of a complex portfolio of a company / organization or a branch of the organisation, or for the management of one or more important programs
- Contributes to strategy and makes proposals to senior management. Develops project management personnel and coaches project managers to improve their competence in PM
- Directs senior project managers and project managers and manages the members of the portfolio or programme team
- Develops and implements project management requirements, culture, processes, methods, techniques, tools, handbooks, guidelines for his program or portfolio
This designation is designed for experienced project managers who are involved in Directing Multiple and Complex Projects and Programs.
Who should take the CPD™ certification?
- The program focuses on the responsibilities of a Project Director with respect to managing, budgets and scope for multiple projects, multiple project teams, and interdependent risks, in order to deliver on time and successful projects.
- The CPD™ program is only for those who have significant project experience and are looking ahead from the senior project management role, to a project director role.
- Classroom training
- e-Learning access
- Aligning Goals, Projects and Competencies
- Organizing Multi-Project Communications
- Managing Risk Communications
- Tools for Managing Multiple Projects
Candidates need 80% score to pass the CPD™
exam. The exam comprises of 100 questions out of which the candidate needs to score 80 correct.
Duration of exam
1 Hour 10 minutes (70 minutes)
- Candidate must hold any one of the below mentioned certification/credential
- Professional in Project Management (PPM)™ from Global Association for Quality Management (GAQM®)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® from Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Prince2® Practitioner from APMG
- Certified Project Manager (CPM) from Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
- Complete e-course and receive a learner ID
- Highly recommended to have minimum 3 years of experience in field of project management
The validity period of PPM™
certification is 4 years, the candidate needs to retake the exam to renew the PPM™
certificate once in 4 years to maintain the credentials intact.
Retaking of exam
- If a candidate does not pass the exam in the second (2nd) attempt, the candidate must wait for a period of at least fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of their attempt to retake the exam for third (3rd) time or any subsequent time
- The exam can be taken any number of times